Collagen Renewal Serum
This serum is a balanced, complex blend of several active extracts. Each active is used at the actual recommended strength without any extra additives or fillers.These extracts help prevent and reduce wrinkles by improving and maintaining homeostasis in the dermal extra-cellular matrix. Homeostasis is a balance in the skin's internal environment helping to maintain a stable condition. This progression, while achieving homeostasis helps to increase the production of dermal collagen and other ECM components in fibroblasts. A fibroblast is a cell from which connective tissue develops. It also works to inhibit the synthesis of Metalloproteinases [MMP - known for their ability to degrade the extracellular matrix] and also to discourage the synthesis of pro-inflammatory agents.
Method of Application
Apply a few drops of this serum on your clean fingertips, and smooth it across clean skin. Use during the water soluble phase of your skin routine (after you cleanse, tone, and exfoliate . . . before you apply any oils or creams).
List of Ingredients
- Witch Hazel Distillate (does not contain alcohol) soothing, cooling, free radical scavenger, gentle, natural toner
- Wild Plum Hydrosol lovely, intoxicating scent, skin balancing, anti-bacterial, antifungal
- Oat Beta Glucans healing, anti-aging, anti-irritant, since it can work through the Cellular Lipid Matrix (the matrix of the lipids) lends itself to diminishing the appearance of fine line and wrinkles, excellent moisturizer with film forming moisturizing properties, stimulates collagen synthesis (meaning to create a matrix by combining actual dermis properties synergistically)
- Seamollient binds moisture to the skin, hydrates skin, acts as an emollient
- Matrixyl is palmitoyl-pentapeptide 3 and this is a peptide that specifically stimulates collagen synthesis and skin repair. This means it qualifies as a long-term aging system. Scientist's discovered that by isolating fibroblast cells that had aged, they could literally stimulate the cells [peptides] and they were able to start producing collagen again!
- Enteromorpha Compressa Extract (and) Caesalpinia Spinosa Extract through an innovative process, these extracts working synergistically will recover and maintain homeostasis in the dermal extra-cellular matrix to produce a better moisturized, more elastic, firmer skin with noticeably fewer wrinkles. This unique complex is derived from the seeds of the Andean tree Caesalpinia Spinosa and the algae known as Enteromorpha Compressa Extract. Homeostatine activity is due to the combined action of galactomannan from Caesalpinia Spinosa and marine pentasaccharide (MPS) from Enteromorpha Compressa Extract. Within this novel hydro-colloidal three-dimensional matrix, these two components function at two different levels. Galactomannans are high molecular weight polysaccharides with natural hydrating functions. The hydrocolloid, galactomannan structure provides the moisturizing matrix and maintains contact with the stratum corneum for the release of the MPS. The MPS molecules are very small and can penetrate the epidermis to promote the synthesis of collagen and function as metabolism mediators within the dermis. Within the dermis, the MPS will function to inhibit the synthesis of Metalloproteinases (MMP) as well as the synthesis of pro-inflammatory mediators such as cytokines. When MMP is inhibited, the degradation of collagen and other extracellular components is reduced. The result is less wrinkled, rejuvenated, and firmer skin.
- Homeostatine Activity increases the production of dermal collagen and other ECM components in fibroblasts, inhibits the synthesis of metalloproteinases (MMP), inhibits the synthesis of pro-inflammatory mediators
- Resveratrol antioxidant full of polyphenols (this is good to be full of), a modulator of gene expression via signal transduction, an inhibitor of inflammatory mediators, phytohormonal effects, 95% efficient at preventing lipid peroxidation, compared with 65% for vitamin E and 37% for vitamin C
- Borage Co2 Extract anti-inflammatory, emollient, softening, healing (great for eczema)
- Galactoarabinan (polysaccharide) humectant, helps to stop transepidermal water loss, binds moisture to skin
- Cosmocil CQ (Polyaminopropyl Biguanide) preservative, non-paraben and does not release formaldehyde