Mandelic Acid Serum 5% No Alcohol No Seaweed
GoW Mandelic Acid 5% Serum is a private blend of anti-oxidants, skin hydrators, alpha-hydroxy acids, skin conditioners and a 5% strength of Mandelic Acid. Mandelic acid lightens skin (especially when paired with our Light n' Bright serum), reduces pore size, improves complexion, evens out skin tone and helps to lighten skin irregularities and hyper pigmentation. Our Mandelic Acid is best to be used by those who have oily to very oily skin, mild acne, blemishes, or with normal skin.
More Information About Mandelic Acid
Mandelic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid that helps clear away dead skin cells that have built up on the skin's surface, and because of its smaller molecule size it can also work within the pore as well. Unlike glycolic acid, it cannot penetrate the skin's layers to enable deeper exfoliation, but it can help to refine pores. Mandelic acid has antibacterial properties.
If you are new to acids, use every three days. In total, exfoliate no more than 3 to 4 times per week.
Use on clean skin (skin can be dampened with hydrosol, toner or fruit mists, or it can be dry). Apply a few drops with clean fingertips, then wait 20 minutes before using any other products. The acid will self neutralize and then you can continue with your routine.
The exception to the 20 minute wait rule is that if the acids are very uncomfortable. If so, then rinse immediately and build up a resistance to the acids over about a months time, increasing the length of time every few days. Acids, however, are not meant to be comfortable as they are a remodeling tool.
List of Ingredients
- Spring Water hydrating
- Rooibos (red) Extract excellent anti-oxidant
- Mandelic Acid improves skin texture, refines pore size, lightens hyper-pigmentation, improves skin tone, excellent surface exfoliant
- Lactic Acid gentle AHA exfoliant
- L-lysine water binding, moisturizing, emollient
- Sodium PCA natural moisturizer, water binding to the skin
- Panthenol B-5 penetrating moisturizer
- Sodium Lactate pH adjuster, moisturizer
- Hyaluronic Acid hydrates skin, can hold up to 1,000 times its weight in water
- Malic Acid aids in the penetration abilities of Mandelic Acid