Beeswax Organic and Natural
Beeswax is a natural substance obtained from the honeycomb of the honey bee. Used as thickener, emulsifier and stiffening agent in lotion, cold creams, ointments, creams and other cosmetics.
- INCI: Beeswax (natural, not bleached)
- Physical Form: golden beads
- Country of Origin: USA
- Storage: keep in closed container, preferably out of the light
- Melting Point: 62 to 64 °C (144 to 147 °F). If beeswax is heated above 85 °C (185 °F) discoloration occurs.
- Best Used By: one year from date of purchase
- Suggested Usage Rate: up to formulators discretion, typically not over 30-40%
- Shelf Life: depending on formulation method, up to 2 years