Body Lotion Base
Our Lotion Base is incredibly moisturizing, nice and thick yet non-greasy or sticky. You can use this lotion base to add your own actives, colors or fragrances. It takes color, and fragrance and essential oils extremely well. It has a nice glide to it and is very moisturizing!
As with any product base keep in mind adding actives, color or fragrances may change the consistency of this product and you may need to re-thicken it. Also consider that you may need to add more preservative.
List of Ingredients
- Aloe Vera Leaf Juice hydrating, healing
- Shea Nut Butter emollient, conditioning, healing
- Grape Seed Oil emollient
- Rice Bran Oil emollient
- Meadowfoam Seed Oil emollient
- Glycerin humectant, draws moisture from the air and holds moistureto the skin
- Polawax NF elegant emulsifier
- Stearic Acid binding,emulsifier
- Sodium Lactate moisturizing, pH aduste
- Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein moisturizing
- Optiphen (Phenoxyethanol and Caprylyl Glycol) preservative without parabens and does not release formaldehyde
Sorbic Acid broad spectrum, non-toxic preservative that protects against mold
- Allantoin relieves dry, itchy, irritated skin, believed to heal skin by promoting new tissue growth
This lotion base is... the only lotion I've been able to use. It is so moisturizing and I get zero irritation from it. This is huge for me because I've tried so many different types of lotion, and even the lotions that are supposed to be "soothing" or "frangrance free" or formulated for sensitive skin - every single one of them has given me problems. I couldn't apply any of them when I actually needed them because my skin would burn, itch, and turn bright red. I've used the lotion base for a while now and I've NEVER had this happen. This is huge for me and I don't think I could thank Markey enough.