Fruit Acid Exfo Pads 10%
Alpha-hydroxy acids (glycolic and lactic acids) help clear away dead skin cells that have built up on the skin's surface. Glycolic acid can also penetrate through the layers of the skin to enable them to be exfoliated. Aloe is an anti-inflammatory, and helps to hydrate and moisturize skin. These pads are designed for more inexperienced skin, but they are still potent.
Method of Application
If you are new to acids, use every three days. In total, exfoliate no more than 3 to 4 times per week. Use on clean skin (these pads will also tone the skin). Swipe gently across face using short strokes, then wait 20 minutes before using any other products. The acid will self neutralize and then you can continue with your routine.
The exception to the 20 minute wait rule is that if the acids are very uncomfortable. If so, rinse immediately and build up a tolerance to the acids over about a months time, increasing the length of time every few days. Acids, however, are not meant to be comfortable as they are a remodeling tool.
List of Ingredients
- Spring Water hydrating
- Peppermint Hydrosol cooling, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial
- Aloe Vera Juice skin hydration, high in polysaccharides, plumping and moisturizing, anti-inflammatory
- Witch Hazel Hydrosol mildly astringent
- Glycolic Acid exfoliant
- Lactic Acid exfoliant
- Cactus Extract very healing and hydrating
- Calendula Extract wound healing, rejuvenates skin
- Sodium PCA natural moisturizer, water binding to the skin
- Hyaluronic Acid hydrating, can hold up to 1,000 times its weight in water
GoW Customer Reviews
The pads are not... quite as soft as other exfoliation pads I've used but that just means that I have to use short, soft strokes and dabs rather than swiping it across my face. I've been using it 2-3x a week and a lot of my breakouts (which are mostly due to poor exfoliation and monthly hormonal fluctuations) have cleared. Great product!