With people becoming so aware of the dangers long-term sun exposure and sunburns can and will cause, they are turning more and more to self-tanners, bronzers, tan accelerators, stains, etc.
Our choice for a gentle, naturally derived, subtle self-tanner is the DHA (dihydroxyacetone) because to date, it is the only active ingredient approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for sunless tanning.
It takes around 3 hours for the color to develop on your skin.
Method of Application
- Prepare skin by cleansing then by gentle exfoliation (microfiber cloth) this will help avoid uneven application of color.
- Apply to skin in thin layers wherever you want color, less to thicker skin, as color is maintained longer in these areas.
- Wash hands immediately after application to avoid tanned palms. Alternatively, wear gloves to apply.
- To avoid staining of clothes, wait 30 minutes for the product to dry before putting on clothes.
- Don't shave, bathe, or swim for at least 3 hours after applying the product.
- Reapply regularly to maintain color.
List of Ingredients
- Spring Water hydrating
- Tamarind Seed Extract hydrating, healing, soothing
- Zemea (propaniedol) leaves a beautiful feel to the skin barrier, non-invasive skin carrier protectant. Benefits of Zemea® propanediol include its purity, lack of irritation and sensitization, and environmentally sustainable nature. Derived through a corn sugar fermentation process. Approved by Ecocert™ and certified by the Natural Products Association (NPA), Zemea® is a 100% natural ingredient.
- Dihydroxyacetone 1,3-dihydroxy-2-propanone) FDA-approved self-tanning agent obtained by bacterial degradation of natural phosphate-sugar. Off-white, fine crystalline powder, characteristic odor, pH 4-6, soluble in water alcohol.
- Leucidal SF(Lactobacillus Ferment) broad spectrum, paraben free preservative (does not release formaldehyde)
Shelf Life and Storage Information for Products and Ingredients
Finished products generally don't need to be refrigerated as they are preserved, but you can refrigerate them to extend shelf life. Shelf life is 9 - 12 months
Sample sizes do have a shorter shelf life (generally 3-6 months and items in jars can dry up quicker than this if the lid is not tightened well enough (except our vitamin C serums - use within 90 days).
Please try to keep out of high humidity or heat if possible! Store out of direct light and in dark cabinet if possible also!
Exfoliating Acid products will last 1 year.
The only thing we don't suggest refrigerating is the mandelic or salicylic acid serums as those can crystallize in the refrigerator and not go back to their normal state even if you warm them up.
Additional Items Requiring Refrigeration
Hydrosols - Take out 1/2 oz to 1 oz in a separate spray bottle from your original container and keep the larger bottle in the refrigerator!
Carrier Oils - Generally you can refrigerate ALL carrier oils, they will solidify in some cases. This is FINE all you have to do is take it out warm it up at room temp and it will be liquid again!
There are some oils that have a super long shelf life like coconut oil for instance! That does not need to be refrigerated, but it cannot hurt it either!
Essential Oils - Essential oils are best stored in a cool dark place.
Co2 Oils - These should always be refrigerated.
Butters - We suggest refrigerating our skincare butters. You can take out what you need and keep the rest in the fridge.
Essential oils - These can be refrigerated to increase their shelf life!
Clays - Keep in a dry, dark place (shelf life is at least 2 years)
Herbs - (whole or ground) These should last a good year at least - Keep in a dark, cool and dry location.
Herbal Extracts - [powder] Keep these also in a dark, DRY place. You can keep in the fridge, but make sure the seal is on very tight so you don't get moisture in. [1 year at least].
Herbal Extracts - [liquid] These can be kept in the refrigerator (or a dark DRY place] [3 years at least]
Other Various Raw Ingredients - i.e. Sodium PCA, Honeyquat, Iat Beta Glucan etc will all have a different shelf life (we are working on adding this to the ingredient pages.
Please reach out with any questions! Call or email us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Mon - Fri: 10:00-3:00 MST