Garden of Wisdom Kissed By The Sun Self-Tanning Liquid is an excellent option for those who are becoming so aware of the dangers long-term sun exposure and sunburns can and will cause they are increasingly turning to self-tanners, bronzers, tan accelerators, stains, etc. The FDA has approved Dihydroxyacetone (1,3-dihydroxy-2-propanone) for external use on the skin and is generally considered safe for sunless tanning products. It is derived from natural sources such as sugar cane and sugar beets, making it a natural and gentle alternative to traditional tanning methods. When applied to the skin, it reacts with the amino acids in the outermost layer of the skin to produce a brown color that resembles a tan.
It is important to note that while (DHA) Dihydroxyacetone (1,3-dihydroxy-2-propanone) does not provide sun protection, it can help you achieve a natural-looking tan without the harmful effects of UV radiation from the sun or tanning beds. It is also essential to follow the instructions provided with your self-tanner and avoid overuse to prevent streaking or uneven application.
Method of Application
- Prepare the skin by cleansing and then by gentle exfoliation (microfiber cloth). This will help avoid uneven application of color.
- Apply to skin in thin layers wherever you want to color, less to thicker skin, as color is maintained longer in these areas.
- Wash hands immediately after application to avoid tanned palms. Alternatively, wear gloves to apply.
- To avoid staining clothes, wait 30 minutes for the product to dry before wearing clothes.
- Don't shave, bathe, or swim for at least 3 hours after applying the product.
- Re-apply regularly to maintain color.